For some of us, an expensive CB radio cannot be an easy option. It might cost you a bit more money or you don’t have to spend that much amount for one or two uses in a month. The best thing is that there are many low-priced CB radios in the market that are known for quality performances.
To cut your job short, we have reviewed here the cheap CB radios in the market.
Is that all? No!
You need an inexpensive CB antenna too. We have covered that too.
Tell you what, even though these are at the lower end when it comes to price, they are crafted to fulfill the needs of CB users without costing them loads of money.
The budget CB radios are greatly welcomed by the customers, providing them “all that you need” functions. What’re the “all you need” functions? We will discover them ahead in this article!
Before that let’s have a look at the budget CB antennas and radios at a glance!
Cheap and Best CB Radio
Cheap and Best CB Antenna
Available in the unbelievable price range of $30, this is the best buy when it comes to an inexpensive CB radio.
You have all those essential features at your fingertips with this high performing CB radio from the great Uniden.
Touted as the best in business when it comes to CB antenna, Firestik has produced a cheap, but great CB antenna at an affordable budget in the range of $15.
This is 3 feet long Fiberglass antenna is one of the best you can bet your money on when it comes to performance too.
Table of Contents
Do Inexpensive CB radios mean Cheap Performance?
I am sure that this is something that worries most of us. Does inexpensive means low quality and performance.
But, when it comes to CB radio it is absolutely not!
Some people, who don’t know how to find the best always think cheap means low quality. But it’s not the case. There are many CB radios and antennas which provide great performance, even with a lower price tag.
Good cheap CB antennas and radios do not compromise on performance. They make sure the customers are satisfied with the products and are not left with a bad CB shopping experience.
However, some of these CB radios may compromise in their features for optimum performance of basic functions required for every CB radio.
But, the question is ‘do you really want all those features in your CB radio system?’
What are the Essential Features to Look for in CB Radios
If you’re buying radios that aren’t costly, you may need to ditch some features. For these reasons, look at some of the major CB features that are necessary for radios.
- Noise Filters: This is extremely important for blocking noise. This includes noise blanker, ANL or SoundTracker.
- All 40 Channels Including Instant Emergency Channel 9: You can coincide with any unpredictable situation where you’ll be required to access emergency channels. For this, always buy the radio with instant channel 9 feature.
- Squelch or RF Gain Control: These features are useful for adjusting the range to receive clear reception.
- Having an external speaker jack and an SWR meter is also a great deal.
Top Cheap CB Radios to Buy
We, CB Radio Guru, have reviewed some of the low-cost CB radios here.
But, I can guarantee you that these are some of the best when it comes to performance. You can invest your money on these CB radios, let me tell you-you won’t lose any money and you will enjoy using them.
#1. Uniden PRO505XL
The Uniden PRO505XL is a 40 Channel CB Radio and it is our top pick when it comes to low-cost CB radios. The CB radio offers a sleek compact design and easy installation in less-space areas.
Just like other radios, it has an instant channel 9 feature, enabling you to access emergency channel at the earliest. You can glance at the signal/RF power indicator for checking the strength of the transmission signal.
The cheap CB can be bought for a price as low as $30 with an installed external speaker jack and PA jack. Speaker jack favors better sound by allowing plugging in of external speaker. PA jack is for connecting external PA speaker for sponsoring Public Address (PA) functions.
Apart from providing the CB users a dynamic squelch control, this product offers a volume control system and mounting hardware.
- This CB radio has an easy-to-read orange backlit display. The display showcasing current channel, volume, along with other functions is designed for easy day/night viewing.
- This less expensive CB radio is simple and exceptionally user-friendly, providing up/down buttons for easy channel swiping. The easy-to-read display integrated with these dedicated buttons minimizes the risk of losing focus on road.
- Dynamic Squelch Control knob helps you try adjusting the level at which the radio will restrict weak radio signals. As an outcome of this feature, the radio offers a clear and loud reception sound.
- It can retain the last channel you had accessed before powering off the radio.
- The radio does not come with antenna or antenna cable. You need to purchase it separately.
The 29 LX is a modern version of Cobra 29 LTD having enhanced features.
Let me tell you this is CB radio is the best option for those who have at least some money to invest on. The CB radio clean sweeps the market with its unique timer feature. This amazing feature is designed for drivers to track the time duration of their drives that also serves as an alarm clock.
In my opinion, Cobra 29LX is a stand above the Uniden PRO505XL when it comes to performance and features. The only thing is that you have to spend a few more bucks.
Apart from providing 40 channels, it comes with 10 NOAA weather channels and emergency channel 9. The advanced weather alert system notifies the users about critical weather condition even on turned-off radios. It automatically detects the strongest weather alert signal or any nearby alert.
This CB radio’s selectable display comes in four different colors: red, amber, blue and green. You can configure the display setting according to the surrounding. This means it does not demand to squint in the night as it favors perfect readability in all parts of the day.
Its innovative feature ‘Radio Check Diagnostic’ helps the CB enthusiasts to test their CB radio’s important features. This involves monitoring the radio’s RF output, SWR setting, and vehicle battery voltage to keep the radio in its best shape. Comes with PA capability, this cheap CB antenna offers optimum power output and talkback feature.
SWR Calibration allows calibration of antenna system for maximum performance.
- Includes the memory feature which helps you in storing up to whopping 10 favorite channels.
- Microphone cord is massively nine-feet long, providing convenience in reaching the mic from any other place inside your vehicle. The front-positioned microphone connector with 4 pins invests in easy installation.
- The voice clarity of your microphone shoots with the ‘Adjustable Dynamike’ feature. The CB users can experience a loud, clear reception with Delta Tune function without losing a fortune over expensive radios.
- The clock does not resume if you turn it on again; it resets itself.
#3. Midland 5001Z
This product from the prestigious brand “Midland” offers access to all 40 channels, providing a maximum of 4 watts power output. Midland infuses the RF Gain control feature into this radio to adjust the range for clear reception.
The product also features ‘Xtra Talk Mic Gain’ function to boost the audio sensitivity of transmission for clarification in voice. Along with providing instant access to channel 9, this low-cost radio offers the dimmer switch. This helps in adjusting the brightness of the display and the signal meter.
This CB radio also supports PA function, enabling the CB radio to use Public Address System in conjunction with PA speaker. Also includes Analog Power Meter, Automatic Noise Limiter and a full-size microphone having a locking connector.
- The mic installed on this product is of high-quality. It is great in terms of both looks and performance.
- Provides good quality reception with the presence of ANL and switch blanker that reduces the noise to a greater degree.
- Excellent in terms of a price corresponding to the great performance.
- This radio does not have extra features like “Memory Channel Scan” or “Radio Check Diagnostic”.
Cheap CB Antennas to Buy
It’s not just the case of CB radio, you will get good quality but inexpensive CB antennas too. Yes, you don’t need a heavily priced CB antenna if you’re looking for short-term use or as a hobby.
But remember one thing. When it comes to antennas, you will easily get cheap CB antennas. But, the problem is quality. You have to make sure that the CB antenna you buy is of at least some value.
That is why we have listed top 3 cheap CB antenna reviews which are known for their high performances. The price range we considered is $15-$17.
#1. FireStik FL3-B
The brand Firestik holds a key place when it comes to CB antennas. They are known for producing top quality products at an affordable rate. Their cheapest CB radio is none other than the FireStik FL3-B, which is a three-foot lightweight CB antenna with Tunable tip. Yeah, you got all the features you are looking for here!
The antenna is made up of Flexible fiberglass tube. What does that mean? You will get more years with your CB antenna. Moreover, the coil has been designed in such a way that you will enjoy the highest performance at a low budget with this CB antenna.
I will tell you this is a great buy if you’re short of budget and looking for a high performing CB antenna.
#2. TRAM 703-HC
I would say that TRAM 703-HC is the cheapest CB radio antenna kit you will ever get. Remember, its a CB antenna kit. Not just an antenna. What you will get along are 3.5″ magnet mount, shock spring, stainless steel whip & 17ft RG58 cable with PL-259. Yes, this is also a big deal for anyone who is looking for inexpensive CB antennas.
This TRAM CB antenna is 2″ tall and covers all the frequency ranges. The quality of the antenna is superb. You can center proof mount it on your car and even speed up to 100 mph. No harm will happen to your CB antenna.
#3. Midland 18-258
Ideal for glass mounting, Midland 18-258 is the third CB antenna which is featured in our list. Like the above two, it will also work in all the frequency ranges.
This budget-friendly CB antenna is designed in such a way that it will give excellent performances in all the vehicles. What you will love the most about Midland 18-258 would be ease of installation. You can do the installation without any issues and you won’t even need to make holes while installing the CB radio on glasses.
The antenna comes with 12-foot cable.
Did You get You Inexpensive CB Radio & Antenna for 2019?
We all know that there are cheap choices everywhere. But the only thing we have to make sure that does our inexpensive purchases guarantee better performance. In the case of the CB system, it does.
We have provided you with cheap CB radios and antennas which not only gives you an inexpensive option but great performance too. You can always upgrade to better CB radio systems if you have the budget. But for entry-level and medium functions, the above devices are more than enough.
If you wish to set up CB system in your car without struggling with your bank balance, buy these branded and cheap CB systems. Top-notch brands like Midland, Cobra, FireStik or Uniden manufacture economical CB radios and antennas which we have listed above receive 5 stars from the consumers. Indeed, they provide a good package in a reasonable budget.
Thank you CB Radio Guru for giving me this opportunity!
Latest posts by Wayne (see all)
- Best Car CB Radio and Antenna : Reviews and Recommendations - June 15, 2019
- Bluetooth CB Radio Reviews 2019 : Recommendations & Tips - May 14, 2019
- Best Magnetic CB Antenna Reviews of 2019 - May 9, 2019