If you are an aredent traveller, you know it very well that Jeeps and CB radios have a strong relationship.
But some of you might ask me why.
It is with these jeeps you travel to the unexplored areas of the world. The cheap and easy to use device that can connect you to the outside world in those situtions in none other than a CB radio.
This article is for those wanderlusts who loves to dwell into the unexplored lands. We will see some of the best CB radios you can use for jeep in this article.
You might be thinking how to select other accessories like antennas, mounts etc. for your jeep.
We have you covered here.
Before we dwell further into the details, here are our top picks :
|Best Jeep CB Radio||Best Jeep CB Antenna||Best Jeep CB mount|
|With all the fabulous features like ANL Switch, Squeal Control and SRF meter this highly durable and compact CB radio will be the best you can get for your Jeep Wrangler.|
It is a hassle-free CB radio that will give you the clearest sound output even when you’re in the middle of a tedious trucking.
|A fiberglass CB Antenna, this will withstand all your rigorous road trips and will fetch you great reception quality. The highly durable antenna gives a listening range of 20-25 miles.|
Yeah, it is coming from none other than FireStik itself.
|Ready to install CB mount for jeep, this Rugged Ridge offers easy and convenient installation.|
What you will love the most about the efficiently crafted mount will be it’s 5 years limited warranty. The warranty itself speaks of the built quality of it.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Jeep CB Radio Reviews
- 2 Jeep CB Antenna to Buy
- 3 Jeep CB Antenna Mount
- 4 Got the Best CB Products for Your CB?
Features to Look for in Jeep CB Radios, Antennas and Mounts
So, what are those stuffs that differentiates the normal CB radios and the jeep CB radios? If both are of similar kinds, you could have easily chosen one from the best CB radio devices in the market.
NB: If you don’t know which are the ones I’m thinking when I say the ‘best’, do check our article here : https://cbradioguru.com/best-cb-radio-reviews/
As I said above, selecting a CB equipment for Jeep is not that easy.
Jeeps are more prone to jerks while driving through uphills. This means you should select CB equipment that can sustain these vibrations. Otherwise, there is no meaning in having a CB system that can’t communicate.
Below is a brief guide on the features you should look for in your Jeep CB radio system:
- One of the main constrain for CB radios for jeep is space issues. Just like cars, you need to keep under your radar the compact nature of the CB. Look for radios that favor clean installation. Compact CB radios can provide you an uncluttered environment with their all-in-one units.
- For CB antennas for your jeep, there are two important factors you need to focus; length and physical structure. Jeeps are already huge and can also provide you high mounting surface. The best compatible antenna size for your jeep is about 3 to 4 feet. The 4 feet antennas provide you greater range and better quality of reception. Fiberglass antennas are best suitable for your jeeps because they can take a heavy beating and are not easily breakable.
Best Jeep CB Radio Reviews
As I said earlier, CB radios have always been the fun tool when it comes to going on jeep trip with your homies. Whether you’ve decided to run your tires over coarse roads or sand-loathed grounds, CB radios are the best choice for communication. Moreover, if it’s an adventorous trip, using CB radios will add more fun to it.
The market is flooded with a hell lot of CB radios. But if you are thinking that you can easily select one among them, you would be wrong.
Not all CB radios are perfect fit for jeeps.
Jeep Wranglers demand rugged, compact CB radios.
How do you find them?
No need to worry!
We will help you find the best CB radios for you jeep.
We have tested and reviewed two of the most rated jeep CB radios in the market below. The reviews will help you to choose the one that matches your need.
1. Uniden 40-Channel CB Radio (PRO510XL): Top Rated Jeep CB in the Market
Uniden PRO510XL comes under Uniden’s ‘Professional’ series. It is designed for places having space issues and votes for a neat installation. Just like all the CB radios, this one also covers all FCC legalized 40 AM frequencies.
This radio has a front-positioned microphone with a suitable length for the cord, making you chat easily while sprawling over your back-seat. It utilizes Superheterodyne circuit, assuring you preciseness in frequency control. This is based on phase-locked loop technology.
This radio guarantees enhanced reception with its built-in noise limiter. The ANL switch and squelch control block the noise and provide high-quality talking experience. These features enable blocking noise coming up from your jeep engines or other elements in the surrounding.
All in all, Uniden PRO510XL is one of the bests in the market for Jeep Wranglers. We are sure that you will enjoy using this amazing CB radio during your trips.
- With the presence of Signal/RF Meter, the signal level is enhanced by adjusting the gain. It also provides red-lit LED for easy ‘reading out’ in just a blink. You can easily glance at it while driving to perceive the reading value on the screen.
- This radio is best compatible with jeeps and small spaces provides loud and clear sound output.
- Excellent price when paired up with the quality accessories.
- Little too compact for some people.
2. Cobra 75WXST: SECOND BEST
Is there anyone who doesn’t know Cobra radios?
I don’t think so.
Cobra radios are famous and notable radio manufacturers in the market for Citizens Band Radios. Cobra 75WXST offers you 10 NOAA weather channels along with 40 channels like other top CB radios.
It not only provides good quality transmission but also enables CB enthusiasts to set these radios up and running for small spaces. This means it is perfect for your sheeny black jeeps as well. Your signal is less likely to be interfered by the unwanted background noise with its ‘sound tracker’ system.
With its perfect compact nature, you can easily hold it in your hands. You can always access channel 9 or 19 that are featured with a dual watch and channel scan.
The CB radio also supports ‘4-channel programmable memory locations’ feature.
Cobra 75WXST has a Remote Mount System which helps in the easy installation of this radio to your jeep’s dashboard. Another notable feature of the CB is it’s illuminated display quality which helps you to read easily even in the dark.
In toto, Cobra 75WXST is a good choice for jeep travelers.
- Extensively voted for its easy installation and operation.
- You are less likely to receive a faint reception signal as this radio produces clear and loud sound.
- External speaker feature adds a star to this high-quality radio.
- The manufacturers of this radio limit the risk of theft and robbery by making it easy-to-detach product. You can safely park your jeep under the tree in disturbing areas, shoving your radio in your hand and satchel. This way you can restrict stealing of your newly bought radio.
- This radio demands safe placement of the base nearer to antenna cable of the CB radio. The is because the base of this radio consists of small cable connected to it which is attached to mic detachment connection.
Jeep CB Antenna to Buy
Your hunt for the best CB equipment to your jeep won’t end up with nice radios. You need a good CB antenna for jeep so that you get a better reception and proper communication.
I have already told you which is the best antenna for CB radios installed in Jeep? It’s from Firestik.
Below is an onverview of the jeep CB antenna.
Firestik FS-4RD (4ft)
Since fiberglass antennas are most suitable for jeeps, this FS series Firestik 4ft antenna is perfect for its length and fiberglass chassis. Firestik antennas are the top-notch brand in CB industry. They are the best in the market when it comes to CB antennas. You can read CB Radio Guru’s reviews of top CB antennas here.
Firestik is known for giving amazing results with long CB antennas. But let me tell you this; it’s not just the longer antennas that works smoothly, but also the shorter ones.
Firestik FS-4RD antenna requires ground plane which requires you to mount it on a metallic surface. The antenna is available in four different colors ; red, black, blue and white. It can endure wattage up to 900watts.
This jeep CB antenna also supports duel setup. It comes with a tunable tip along with the cover, responsible for easy and perfect tuning.
- The reception quality of this product is great even though it is a little antenna. It comes tuned. You can get a range of 4-6 miles with this fiber-glass antenna. Even If you are drifting in bushy places, you can still encounter great reception and the listening range of 20-25 miles.
- It is massively strong in terms of durability. This can stand rigorously against all interceptions with branches in woods and along steeps.
- The tunable tip not only wins in getting great SWR, it offers easy installation and perfect versatility. You can remove or mount it easily on different vehicles.
- Since the jeeps go on tough trails, your antennas must bear a lot of bearing. This antenna though is strong, it does not come with studs and you are required to buy spring for it.
Jeep CB Antenna Mount
A good guide to buying the best-in-the-market CB products for your jeep always mention best rated CB Antenna mounts.
I don’t have to tell you that without a good jeep CB radio mount, you will face a lot of troubles using the antenna and radio.
Here we have listed some of the best products you should check out as mounts for your CB radio in the jeep wrangler.
- Rugged Ridge: This stylish jeep wrangler CB antenna mount should be your first option for a mount. It comes with 5 years warranty that showcases the quality of the product. There are numerous products coming from this great brand. Rugged Ridge 11503.89 offers installation without any drilling. Meanwhile, you can buy 11503.95 if you want to mount it over rearview mirror for an easy reach
- Jeep Spare Tire: This jeep jk CB mount offers heavy duty specifications. It is one of the best you can use if you are a frequent traveler. You can easily fit it behind the spare tire of your jeep, thus saving some precious space. That’s not the highlighting feature. You don’t need any drilling if you’re going to use this jeep JK CB antenna mount.
Got the Best CB Products for Your CB?
I believe we have provided you with the latest and quality CB products you can use for your jeep.
I believe even you can also choose one at your own. But, make sure that before buying the CB radio, always understand what you’re buying it for. For jeeps, buy compact radios and strong fiber-glass antennas that can bear many beatings.
You need to buy good quality jeep CB mounts too. Otherwise, all those investments are not going to help you. So, try to get a rugged CB mount for your jeep wrangler.
That’s it guys.
Enjoy some fantastic rides in your jeeps and do let us know how greatful are these CB products.
Thank you CB Radio Guru for giving me this opportunity!
Latest posts by Wayne (see all)
- Bluetooth CB Radio Reviews 2019 : Recommendations & Tips - May 14, 2019
- Best Magnetic CB Antenna Reviews of 2019 - May 9, 2019
- CB Radio Shop Near Me: Tips to Find CB Repair & Installation Store in Your Location - May 9, 2019